Oak Forest is a deed restricted neighborhood.
Membership Dues are voluntary but Deed Restrictions are not! It takes $$ to enforce. Please join today!
• Provide a principal communications channel between section leaders and the Executive Board.
• Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chairperson:
1. The Community Relations Chair supervises Section Leaders and provides direction, coordination, and
consultation for all section leader functions.
2. The Community Relations Chair recruits and coordinates volunteers for the organization.
3. The Community Relations Chair works with Public Relations Chair to publicize volunteer opportunities.
4. The Community Relations Chair works with all the Committee Chairs for volunteer opportunities.
The Role of Section Leader:
Section Leaders are members of the OFHA Community Relations Committee. They represent the neighbors from their respective sections and are a liaison to the OFHA. Section Leaders can expect to spend approximately 4-6 hours per month, including the scheduled monthly OFHA meeting. There are many benefits to serving as a section leader:
(a) identifying and bringing issues to the attention of the OFHA.
(b) representing those neighbors who are unable to attend the OFHA meetings.
(a) be quick to address any misinformation about the OFHA and Oak Forest in general
(b) place the OFHA Monthly Meeting Signs at various high traffic areas in your Section the
morning of the meeting and remove them after the meeting. Locations for placement shall
be determined by the Section Leaders.